Saturday, April 13, 2013

Family Love and Loyalty...When Blood is Thinner than Water

Several years ago, I lost my brother.  His passing was so sudden, and the details of his passing did nothing to comfort my being. He usually stopped over to spend time with us, before heading...flying off to one of his educational conferences on the mainlland.  We would all look forward to seeing him and spending those cherished several days together, before he headed back home to the islands.  News of his coming and going would always be met with such elation, applause and peals of laughter. "Oh, Uncle is coming...Uncle is coming up??? Yeeeah! Even, I  could not contain the excitement and joined in with the cacophony! Simply put, it was always a ray of sunshine, when my beloved brother stopped by.

Even as I write about him, and it has been several years since his passing....my heart feels that familiar pain, and sadness, slowly creeping in...my eyes well up in tears, and I see his face. My brother, my friend...the only one that I felt I could trust, and talk to freely, about anything ....without being judged. His laughter and sense of humor was contagious! There is no mistaking that when we had our family get together, or just firing up the barbeque and relaxing to old school, motown, soul and even classic island flava music...there was no question, that he was always the life of the party.

Several things happened before, during and after his funeral, which I found to be quite disconcerting. Through it all, what I found quite distasteful, and manipulative, was when my own maternal relatives, actually showed their true colors, and intentions. They reaffirmed my initial suspicion and distrust. They didn't give a damn about us, or for that matter my beloved brother. Their actions we nothing more but public showmanship. Let the public see that they are handling the funeral. Awwww, show that they care? Nothing but misleading and deceptive behaviors.
Please, stop lying about what happened. Most of all, STOP lying about how you wronged us with the the land probate in Upolu.
There are other negative situations, incidents, wrongful things against my family, that you all, have done.Atrocious acts of greed, on all your part that transpired, without much of a second thought.
What goes around...certainly comes around. What you give out to others, the Universe gives out or sends back to you. It's KARMA, coming full circle.





No comments:

Post a Comment