Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nicotine Addict

I never tried to quit smoking. I would stop only when I got sick..mostly with the flu, or what I would think as a simple cold.  It wasn't a conscious effort to quit. I just didn't have the urge...or taste for cigarettes.. Wheezing, coughing and gagging, would be my morning, noon and night time song. This time is different.  I don't feel that deep burning and searing pain in my chest when I cough.  But I know my body is trying to rid itself with all the toxins I have loaded into it.

I know...I  want to quit, and I can't be putting it off for "another" day. That... "another" day.... doesn't  roll around very often, for some people.

Since Sunday(11/10) its been like a roller coaster ride through cold sweats, shakes,chills,  anger, depression, incessant hunger, trembling, raiding the refrigerator, difficulty sleeping,, bitchy comebacks, falling asleep at the Stoplight (OMG!!.)..in front of the computer... whilst sitting on the couch...this has never happened before. Maybe I am just so damn tired, that I never listened to my body.
Today is day #5 since I have been sick with the flu, and day# 5 without cigarrettes!
I hope I can hold on to quitting ...because the withdrawals are soooooooooooo hellish!

No comments:

Post a Comment